Director of Coaching
- Thirteen Time State Cup Champions (1985-1990 – 1998-2002)
- Twelve Time Regional Cup Champions (1985-1990)
- 2007 – FC St. Louis – Head Coach WPSL – Women’s Premier Soccer League
- 2007 – Present – J. B. Marine Director of Coaching – Youth Camp Director
- 2002 – Present – Missouri Olympic Development Program Coach
- 2001 – Head Coach – Amateur Women’s National Champions
- 1997-2001 Assistant Coach – Busch Girls U13-U16
- 1999-2002 Assistant Coach – Maryville University Camps
- 1997-2002 Over 30 Women’s State & Region II Champions
- 1997- Present – J. B. Marine Club Coach
- 1991-1996 – Coach/Trainer Select Club Teams – Kansas
- 1988 Attained National C coaching License
- 1984 Attained National D coaching License
- 1985-1986 Olympic Regional Coach – USA Olympic Sports Festival
- 1984-1986-1989 Region II Coach
- 1983-1988-1990 Region II Assistant Coach
- 1984-1985-1990 Women’s State Champions
- 1984-1985-1990 Women’s Region II Champions
- 1987 – 1988 – State Champions
- 1988 – 1989 State Championship Runner Up
- 1984 – 1990 U-14 through U-19 – Club Irish Girls
- 1983 -1990 Missouri State Coach and Club Coach
- 1975-1982 Trained/Coached Girls club teams – Busch, Eagles, McMahon Ford
Director of Coaching Education
Mike has his National “B” license from the United States Soccer Federation and has coached at every level of the sport. During his 19 year tenure as Director of Coaching Education, J. B. Marine has captured 74 State, 22 Regional and 6 National Championships. His accomplishments speak volumes to his dedication to his players, coaches and the club as a whole. Mike also coaches at Chaminade High School, winning the NSCAA National High School Championship in 2001, 3 State championships in 2001, 2002, 2006 and runner up in 2003.
Mike is well known for his ability to develop superior ball handling and finishing skills in his students while motivating players to transcend their previous “best level” of performance.
Associate Director of Coaching
David has an outstanding resume and reputation that he has acquired over the years while coaching and teaching at College, High School and Club programs for over twenty years.
At the College level, David has served as both Head Coach & Assistant Coach for both Men’s & Women’s programs at Millikin University, Illinois College and Springfield College in Illinois. During that time, David has earned various Conference Championships, numerous Regional Runner Up finishes and received Conference Coach of the Year Recognition.
At the High School level, David spent thirteen seasons as Rochester H. S. Girl’s Head Coach where his teams qualified for State several times and finished one season in third place in Illinois. He was named NSCAA Small School Illinois Coach of the Year twice.
Currently David is the Head Coach of both the Boy’s and Girl’s programs at Lutheran High School in Springfield, IL. He also has more than fifteen years experience as a Youth and Club Coach and is working with all four of our Springfield teams and serves as the Head Coach of one of our U-11 teams.
David currently holds a United States Soccer Federation National “B” license as well as a National Soccer Coaches Association of America Advanced National Diploma
Goal Keeper Coach
Club: She has been a member of J.B. Marine SC since age U-11 under the coaching direction of Mark Kaiser and father John Kulla.
High School: At Incarnate Word Academy she was a Missouri State Champion 2004, Runner-Up in 2005 and 2007.
College: Marquette University
She was named the 66th Annual Marquette McCahill Award Recipient in 2013, presented annually to the Marquette senior student-athlete from the previous year who demonstrated the highest performance in scholarship, leadership and athletics.
In 2012, Kulla was given Marquette’s Outstanding Senior Female Athlete Award as well as the Cura Personalis Award, honoring her work as chair of Marquette’s Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
She is one of the most decorated soccer players in the Golden Eagles’ history. She was named the 2011-12 BIG EAST Female Student-Athlete of the Year, which was a first for Marquette.
She is a Two-time BIG EAST Goalkeeper of the Year and the holder of Marquette’s single-season (16) and career (43) shutout records. Her career shutouts record ranks seventh all-time in the NCAA. She finished her career with program-record 0.74 goals-against average and ranks second on the school’s career wins (58) and minutes (7835:04) charts.
She won three consecutive BIG EAST American Division titles and had four consecutive NCAA tournament appearances, including a berth in the Sweet 16 in 2010.
United States U23 Women’s National Team
As a member of the United States U23 Women’s National Team from 2010-2012, she travelled with the team to London for the 2010 Tournament of Friends and recorded a shutout in a friendly match vs. the South Korean National team in 2010.
- Dan Garabedian
- Denny Bozesky
- John Meek
- Steve Parton
- Matt Szarwinski
- John Stremlau
- Tim Champion
J.B. Club coaches are also well represented by former All-Americans, Professional and Division I/II/III players.